Lower School Parent Association
Welcome to the Lower School Parent Association!
SPA's Lower School is an extraordinarily warm and welcoming community, and the Lower School Parent Association (LSPA) sponsors programs throughout the year that give moms, dads, grandparents, and any other family members the chance to be a part of that community. It's important for parents to feel comfortable in school, particularly when their children are young, and being a part of the LSPA is a wonderful way to connect with the teachers, staff, and other students who are such a large part of the Lower School. The LSPA also hosts events just for parents, building friendships and a sense of community that last throughout the family's time in the Lower School and continue and grow as the student moves through the Middle and Upper Schools.
All Lower School parents are automatically members of the LSPA and are encouraged to explore the participation opportunities that fit their family's schedule. Whether it's an hour a week or an hour a year, all parents are welcome to join us in whatever way works for them. Participation opportunities include:
- Serving as a Room Parent for the student's homeroom and acting as a liaison between the homeroom teachers and other parents.
- Volunteering in the library during K-2 library times or lacing ice skates during recess in the winter.
- Hosting a grade-level parent social in your home.
- Planning special events that take place throughout the school year including the Fall Family Picnic, Lower School Book Festival, Homecoming Carnival, Family Discovery Night, Family Movie or Game Nights, or the Used Uniform Sales.
- Serving as a Chair or Member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee to promote inclusivity in all LSPA events and host and/or promote special events such as speakers, book clubs, or musical events.