malone scholarship program
Funded by a $2 million endowment grant from the Malone Family Foundation, the Malone Scholarship is granted to academically talented prospective students applying to the Middle and Upper School, whose families need at least 30% tuition assistance in order to afford SPA. Candidates for the Malone Scholarship must be United States citizens who are applicants to SPA for grades 7, 8, or 9; current students are not eligible to apply.
The Malone Scholars Program is one of SPA's most prestigious academic scholarships. Malone Scholars are Middle and Upper School students whose academic performance puts them in the top 5% of applicants or current students. The Malone Scholarship is specifically designed to support students whose families qualify for at least 30% tuition assistance through our regular financial aid program.
Applying for the Malone Scholars Program at SPA
Download the Malone Scholars application (available mid-September 2018).
Please note that candidates for the Malone Scholarship must be United States citizens who are applicants to SPA for grades 7, 8, or 9; current students are not eligible to apply. Contact Heather Ploen, Director of Admission and Financial Aid, with questions about the Malone Scholarship Program.
About the Malone Family Foundation
Founded by John C. Malone of Colorado, the Malone Family Foundation’s primary goal is to provide scholarship funding at the secondary level for students who are:
- at the top of their classes;
- have the desire and drive to receive the best education possible;
- and who lack the financial resources to attend top private independent schools
To fulfill these goals, the Foundation seeks the assistance of excellent partners:
- private independent secondary schools with an intense interest in educating gifted and talented students
- schools that have educational resources to challenge each individual’s mind
- an appropriate environment to encourage the reach for excellence
- intimate class sizes allowing a personal teacher-to-student relationship
- the flexibility to allow creative minds to flourish
- a social atmosphere in which each student may exercise his or her intelligence without embarrassment or ridicule.
In the spring of 2012, SPA was selected as a Malone partner school, and received $2 million to establish an endowment supporting a Malone Scholars program for our students. To date, only 49 schools nationwide have received this honor. SPA is extremely grateful to the Malone Family Foundation for this remarkable gift.