Upper School robotics team qualifies for State in first competition
Posted 12/04/2018 12:53PM
On Saturday, December 1, SPA's two Upper School robotics teams participated in their first qualifying FIRST Technology Challenge (FTC) competition of the season in North Branch. In addition to learning a lot about engineering and teamwork under pressure, the highlight of the afternoon was Team #11117 winning the Inspire Award! The Inspire Award is the highest honor given at an FTC contest and automatically advances the team to the next level of competition, which in this case is the state tournament. Learn more about the Inspire Award on the FTC website (p. 45).
Additionally, SPA took home six other awards. Check out their haul below:
- Team #11117 finalist Stratasys 3D Printing Award
- Team #11117 finalist Promote Award
- Team #11117 finalist Control Award
- Team #11117 finalist Rockwell Collins Award
- Team #11117 finalist Design Award
- Team #12660 finalist Think award
- Team #11117 Inspire Award winner
Congratulations to both teams and good luck in the competitions to come!