The second annual Alumni/ae Day of Giving was sponsored by SPA's Alumni/ae Council on Thursday, April 28, 2016. The Council's goal was 150 alumni/ae gifts in the month of April, and the day ended up exceeding that goal: 159 alumni/ae gave a gift in support of the school in the month leading up to the Day of Giving.
The Council identified five specific areas of giving for alumni/ae to consider supporting on April 28:
- Scholarships and Financial Aid, in support of the school's $4 million financial aid budget and the nearly 25% of current SPA families who receive tuition aid;
- Student Life, including the 90 teams in 17 sports, the more than 70% of students who act, sing, or play an instrument, and the dozens of organizations and clubs run by students;
- Academic Support, including both classroom-based projects and experiential learning opportunities like Lower School Minis, the Middle School trip to Camp Widjiwagen, and the Upper School Odyssey program;
- The Bill Boulger Fund for Teaching Excellence, a faculty professional development fund started with a generous gift from Sam McVeety '04, in honor of Mr. Boulger's legacy of exceptional teaching;
- Unrestricted gifts, in support of areas of greatest need for the school.