For new applicants Grades 6-9
Tuition, Financial Aid, and Scholarships
There is no investment with a greater return than a child's education. Every SPA family makes an investment in their child’s tuition, and our $3.4 million financial aid program provides a bridge for families who qualify.
We understand that your family may be facing financial questions or difficulties that were not a factor when you applied for admission to SPA or submitted your re-enrollment materials for next year. SPA has increased its funds for financial aid in response to the COVID-19 situation, and please know that we are here to support you and your family as you look ahead to 2020-21. If you have questions about your family’s situation, or would like to inquire about tuition assistance, please contact Heather Ploen, Director of Admission, or any member of the Admission staff. We will do everything we can to address your concerns. We hope that we can be a source of reassurance and stability for you in this tumultuous time.
Lower School tuition:
Middle School tuition:
Upper School tuition:
At SPA, we work hard to attract and retain the very best students. Our commitment to a pluralistic educational experience means creating a community that is as diverse in socioeconomic backgrounds as it is in interests, experiences, and cultures. As such, our student body reflects the broad diversity of families from the entire east and west metro area and beyond. Because many factors guide financial aid decisions, we encourage families not to make assumptions about whether they are eligible, but to have a confidential conversation with our Admission staff. Through financial aid and payment plans, we strive to make SPA affordable for all families whose children have been admitted. In 2019-20, our financial aid budget is over $3.4 million, which includes scholarships awarded through SPA's Redleaf Scholarship (Grades 6-9) and Malone Scholarship (Grades 7-9) programs. In total, 24% of our families receive some level of financial aid in 2019-20, which consists entirely of grants that need not be repaid. The chart below shows the percentage of awards given to SPA families at various family income levels.
|Family Income||Percent of Awards|
|Greater than $150,000||26%|
- What is SPA's tuition?
- What is financial aid?
- What is SPA's financial aid philosophy?
- How do I apply for aid?
- How are financial aid awards determined?
- How many students receive financial aid?
- What does financial aid cover?
- Will applying for financial aid affect my child's chances for admission?
- When will we learn if we will receive financial aid?
- How does the process work for divorced, separated, or single parents?
- If my child is already a student at SPA but has never applied for aid, can we apply?
- Should we apply for financial aid if we don't know if we'll qualify?
- Is financial aid available for supplemental costs?
- What are the deadlines for applying for financial aid?