SPA's production of The Trojan Women, this year's Upper School fall play, is the recipient of 13 awards from the Hennepin Theatre Trust's Spotlight Program. View photos from The Trojan Women production.
Spotlight is an awards program for high school theater. Throughout the school year, Spotlight evaluators watch participating high schools' theatrical performances and award honors to selected productions, ensembles, and individuals. Award winners are then invited to participate in a culminating showcase in early June.
The ensemble Spotlight Awards for The Trojan Women include:
- Overall Performance: Outstanding
- Ensemble Performance: Outstanding
- Sound Crew: Honorable Mention
- Achievement in Theatre: Honorable Mention
- Acting Performance: Honorable Mention
- Costume Crew: Honorable Mention
The individual Spotlight Awards for The Trojan Women include:
- Outstanding Performance in a Leading Role: Alison Mitchell '23 as Hecuba
- Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role: Valerie Wick '23 as Helen
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Supporting Role: Parisa Ghavami '23 as Leader of Chours
- Honorable Mention in Technical Leadership: Bri Rucker '24 (Board Operator) and Quenby Wilson '23 (Costume Designer)
- Evaluator Shout Out: Clea Gaïtas Sur '23 and Soren Miller '23
Congratulations to the entire cast and crew of The Trojan Women!