SPA's production of Peter and the Starcatcher, this year's Upper School fall play, is the recipient of 18 awards from the Hennepin Theatre Trust's Spotlight Program. View photos from the Peter and the Starcatcher production.
Spotlight is an awards program for high school theater. Throughout the school year, Spotlight evaluators watch participating high schools' theatrical performances and award honors to selected productions, ensembles, and individuals. Award winners are then invited to participate in a culminating showcase in early June.
The ensemble Spotlight Awards for Peter and the Starcatcher include:
- Overall Production: Outstanding
- Overall Performance: Honorable Mention
- Ensemble Performance: Honorable Mention
- Student Orchestra: Outstanding
- Light and Sound Crew: Outstanding
- Achievement in Theatre: Honorable Mention
- Overall Production: Honorable Mention
- Acting Performance: Honorable Mention
- Run Crew: Outstanding
- Overall Technical Team: Outstanding
The individual Spotlight Awards for Peter and the Starcatcher include:
- Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role: Davyd Barchuk '22 as Ted, Griffin Moore '22 as Smee
- Outstanding in Technical Leadership: Vivian Johnson '22 (Stage Manager), Will Sedo '22 (Light Board Operator), Gray Whitaker-Castaneda '22 (Assistant Set Designer), and Milo Zelle '22 (Sound Board Operator)
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Leading Role: Val Chafee '22 as Molly
- Honorable Mention Performance in a Supporting Role: Ellie Murphy '22 as Mrs. Bumbrake
- Evaluator Shout Out: Per Johnson '22 as Black Stache
Congratulations to the entire cast and crew of Peter and the Starcatcher!