Head of School search
After serving as Head of School at St. Paul Academy and Summit School since 2006, Bryn S. Roberts will retire in June 2022, at the end of the 2021-22 academic year. The school is conducting an international search to attract the best qualified candidate to succeed him as Head of School. We are confident that SPA’s reputation for excellence, as well as its mission, history, financial stability, and welcoming community will attract a pool of outstanding candidates for the position. View the position description.
The search is being led by a nine-member Search Committee appointed by and drawn from the school's Board of Trustees. The Search Committee, listed at right, is co-chaired by Board President Tim Welsh and Trustee Tim O'Brien, with the support and expertise of Carney, Sandoe & Associates, a leading educational search firm.
The Search Committee will update the community regularly about the progress of the search, and updates will be archived on this web site. Questions and comments regarding the search may be submitted using the form below.
- Search Update from Tim Welsh and Tim O'Brien, Co-Chairs of the Search Committee | August 19, 2021
- Community Survey Update from Tim Welsh and Tim O'Brien, Co-Chairs of the Search Committee | April 26, 2021
- Search Update from Tim Welsh and Tim O'Brien, Co-Chairs of the Search Committee | April 6, 2021
- Announcement from Tim Welsh, President of the Board of Trustees | April 5, 2021
- Announcement from Bryn Roberts, Head of School | April 5, 2021
The Head of School Search Committee is made up of members of the SPA Board of Trustees:
Co-Chairs: Tim Welsh and Tim O'Brien '77
Members: Lit Field '75, Libby Hlavka, Anne Hooley, David Kansas '85, Varun Kharbanda '92, Phil McKoy, and Chip Pearson