SPA maintains a Health Office on each campus. On the Goodrich Campus, the Health Office is adjacent to the Converse Auditorium. On the Randolph Campus, the Health Office is on the first floor of Old Main just west of the Schilling Center.
Two full-time Health Assistants, one for each campus, staff the Health Offices and are responsible for assisting students with routine requested cares such as the administration of prescription medications. Health Assistants serve as liaisons between the school and parents/guardians regarding health concerns, questions, and resources. SPA also has the part-time services of a Licensed School Nurse (LSN) through the St. Paul Public School district; the LSN is on campus two days per week and splits time between the Goodrich and Randolph Campuses, while overseeing health office policies and individual K-12 student health care plans.
Health Office Staff
- Tina Akervik is the full-time Middle and Upper School Health Assistant and works in the Randolph Campus Health Office. Tina assists students with routine requested care such as the administration of prescription medications, maintains student health records, and is a liaison between the school and parents/guardians regarding health concerns, questions, and resources. Tina has over sixteen years of experience in healthcare and has served as a Health Services Associate in the Bloomington Public Schools. Tina is certified as an Emergency Medical Technician and in Basic Life Support with the American Heart Association. Email Tina.
- Christina Cristobal is the full-time Lower School Health Assistant and works in the Goodrich Campus Health Office. Christina is a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) with 16 years of direct experience as a nursing assistant in diverse health care settings. Christina assists students with routine requested care such as the administration of prescription medications, maintains student health records, and is a liaison between the school and parents/guardians regarding health concerns, questions, and resources. She also manages the lower school's attendance records, and students should sign in and out of school with Christina. Christina is certified in Basic Life Support with the American Heart Association. Email Christina.
- Carol Grady is Saint Paul Academy's Licensed School Nurse, serving both the Goodrich and Randolph campuses. A 13-year veteran with Saint Paul Public Schools, this is her second year in the role. Carol is a Nationally Certified School Nurse (NCSN), with a Master's degree in Nurse Education (MSN) and an additional certification in Public Health (PHN). Email Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Contact the Health Office
SPA will continue to follow CDC guidelines regarding positive cases of COVID in our community. These include:
- staying home for at least five days following a positive test
- isolating from others in your household
- masking through Day 10 following a positive test
- staying up-to-date with COVID vaccines.
As with all communicable diseases, we ask that families report a positive COVID test to the Health Office or the divisional attendance emails below. The Health Office will determine the dates of the isolation period and return to school.