Congratulations to Abby Lanz who will be returning to the MSHSL Class AA Diving Meet for the third year in a row! Abby qualified for State after competing alongside her teammates in the Section 6AA meet over the weekend.
The Section 6AA Swimming/Diving Meet is a three-day event and was held Thursday, November 9 through Saturday, November 11 at Edina's Southview Middle School. On the first day of competition, the Sparks competed in Swimming Prelims and qualified student-athletes in nine events. On the second day, the Sparks competed in the 1-meter diving contest and recorded three exceptional performances by SPA student-athletes: Abby Lanz '19 finished fourth and qualified for State, Addie Morrisette '21 placed sixth, and Katherine Welsh '22 placed 9th. On the last day of Sections, the Sparks competed in Swimming Finals. Unfortunately, the team did not have any swimmers advance to the state competition, although, it should be noted that SPA's Mina Mandic missed the MSHSL tournament by just 0.49 seconds in the 50-yard freestyle.
Overall, the Sparks finished 7th in Section 6AA. See full results below.
Next up: Abby Lanz is seeded #4 in the MSHSL Class AA State Diving Contest and will compete at the University of Minnesota's Jean K Freeman Aquatic Center November 16-18. Good luck Abby!
- Girls' 200 Yard Medley Relay | 6th place (Josie Khan, Rachel Khodursky, Grace Sheehan, Mina Mandic '21)
- Girls' 200 Yard Freestyle | 15th place (Kaylee Kipfmueller)
- Girls' 50 yard Freestyle | 4th place (Mina Mandic '21)
- Girls' 100 Yard Butterfly | 13th place (Grace Sheehan)
- Girls' 100 yard Freestyle | 9th place (Mina Mandic '21)
- Girls' 100 yard Freestyle | 12th place (Lauren Dieperink '20)
- Girls' 500 Yard Freestyle | 14th place (Kaylee Kipfmueller)
- Girls' 200 Yard Freestyle Relay | 7th place (Ursula Bader, Alivia Arrendondo, Grace Sheehan, Rachel Khodursky)
Girls' 400 Yard Freestyle Relay | 6th place (Lauren Dieperink '20, Kaylee Kipfmueller, Rachel Khodursky, Mina Mandic '21)
- Abby Lanz '19 - 4th place
- Addie Morrisette '21 - 6th place
- Katherine Welsh '22 - 9th place