Diversity Policy: St. Paul Academy and Summit School
Let it be resolved that the Board of Trustees of St. Paul Academy and Summit School requires a thoughtful commitment on the part of each member of the school’s community to its stated goal of diversity. The Board recognizes that diversity is an asset that strengthens education by encouraging academic achievement, fostering the essential value of respect and preparing students to live and work in a global environment.
SPA is committed to the principles of diversity, and the school strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, class, age, marital status, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or any other protected class pursuant to applicable law.
Diversity in the educational and professional mission of the school may take many of the following valued forms:
- The school will seek to achieve a diverse population.
- The school is committed to employing a diverse and highly qualified faculty and staff.
- The climate and culture of the school are key ingredients to success.
- The academic program offered by the school should reflect a commitment to multi-cultural and multi-ethnic learning.
- The activities and extra-curricular programs of the school should encourage inclusiveness.